Get Daily Updates In Email
Former Defense Minister and present Chief Minister of Goa, Mr. Manohar Parrikar took his last breath today. He is a wonderful human being and a great leader. He is a tremendous administrator who received great love and appreciation from one and all for his work. His demise came as a shock and the entire country is deeply saddened by the news. He did great service for the country in every role he played. The top leaders of the country are coming to the Kala Academy where his body was placed to pay their homage. Let us talk about the achievements of this great leader cum administrator named Manohar Parrikar.
Achievements of Manohar Parrikar
- Manohar Parrikar received Honorary Doctorate by National Institute of Technology Goa on 28 September 2018 for his outstanding work.
- As a Defense Minister, he servered the country for two and a half years with great sincerity. He always gave full-on freedom to the Indian army to make rightful decisions especially at the time of surgical strikes. He also got the approval from the Prime Minister to perform the surgical strikes across the LoC in September 2016.
- Parrikar worked hand-in-hand with the armed forces to bring back the stalled process of military modernisation on track.
- Also, the NDA government started the much delayed process of addressing ‘critical hollowness’ under the leadership Parrikar.
- Under Parrikar’s ruling, the government signed contracts with Russian manufacturers to get ammunition and spares worth INR 5,800 crore for the army and INR 9,200 crore for the air force.
- He regulated a committee to review the Defence Procurement Procedure (DPP) and did great improvements in no time. Make in India initiative was also a beautiful seed from Parrikar’s brain.
- Under the governance of Parrikar, many purchases were made with great with in the name of weapons and equipment with nill scams.
- Though the politician was diagnosed with cancer, he still strived for the country and gave his best.
- He also made sure that the Light Combat Aircraft Tejas is inducted in the Indian Air Force’s fleet.
- Under his governance many wonderful decisions were made that helped the ex-serviceman a great deal and also enhanced the India’s security capacities.
- He also worked for women and proposed to open sainik schools for women.
His tenure as a Defense Minister of India is definitely remarkable and he will be remembered as a great leader in the Indian history. May his soul rest in peace.