Get Daily Updates In Email
Cricket is celebrated like a festival in our country and cricketers here hold major celebrity status and earn a lot of fame and money through the game. In any cricket team, bowlers are very important part especially in thrilling matches where wickets are necessary. One of the finest bowlers of Indian cricket team is Ishant Sharma.
Ishant Sharma, the lanky paceman from India was born on September 2, 1988. The 27-year-old is also the 4th highest wicket-taker (200) in Tests for India among the pacers. On his birthday, here are some facts about him.
1. Ishant Sharma is one of the tallest Indian cricketers. At 1.93 meters or 6’4”, he stands tall above his teammates. Abey Kuruvilla, at 6’6” is often recognized as the tallest Indian cricketer.
2. Ishant was a part of the India under-19 side for the tour of England in 2006. Interestingly, he made his Under-19 one-day and Test debut alongside Virat Kohli. And, the duo also made their First-Class and Ranji Trophy debuts in the same match, which was against Tamil Nadu in the 2006-07 season.
3. During the Indian Premier League (IPL) 2008 auction, Ishant was picked by the Kolkata Knight Riders for USD 950,000. In the tournament, he bowled 253 deliveries. Thus, each delivery costs almost USD 3755.
4. During the tour to Australia in 2011-12, he clocked 152.2 kmph during the Boxing Day Test at Melbourne.
5. He has been most successful against Alastair Cook in international cricket. Ishant has dismissed Cook eight times in 18 meetings, seven off which came in 11 Test matches.
6. Ishant’s role model is the great Aussie seamer, Glenn McGrath.
7. Along with Kapil Dev, Ishant is the only Indian pace bowler to have picked up six or more wickets four times in an overseas Test match.
8. For men who have batted at No 11 in more than 30 Test innings, Ishant has the fifth highest average at 12.50.
We wish India’s one of the finest bowler, Ishant Sharma, a very happy birthday. Stay tuned to Laughing Colours for the latest sports news and updates.