Get Daily Updates In Email
Former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee is a great political leader and he inspired everyone with his great political knowledge. Atal Bihari Vajpayee has a vast knowledge of poetry, literature, and films even after he is a politician. He served the nation three times as the Prime Minister, first for a term of 13 days in 1996, for 13 months from 1998 to 1999, and then from 1999 to 2004.
Let’s take a look at this great man’s life and his achievements by years:
1. Atal Bihari Vajpayee was born in 1924 to Krishna Bihari and Krishna Devi in Gwalior. His father was a teacher. He did the graduation from Victoria College which is now named as Laxmi Bai College and had an MA degree in political science from Dayanand Anglo-Vedic College, Kanpur.
2. In 1930 when he was only 6 years old, joined RSS (Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh).
3. In 1942, he was taken into custody for 24 days during Quit India Moment and in 1952, he joined Jana Sangh.
4. Atal was being elected to Lok Sabha from Balrampur, Uttar Pradesh for the very first time in 1957. He also contested from two other seats first in Lucknow where he came second and from Mathura where he forfeited deposit.
5. In 1962 he elected to a six-year term in Rajya Sabha and Jailed during Emergency in 1975.
6. In 1977 Jana Sangh merges with Janata Party and he was appointed as Foreign Minister in Janata Government.
7. In the year 1980, he became the founding president of BJP.
8. In his hometown, Gwalior Atal lost LokSabha Election by 2 lakh votes in 1984.
9. Again he re-elected to 10th Lok Sabha from Lucknow in 1991.
10. Atal was awarded by Padma Vibhushan in 1992.
11. Finally, in 1996 came the moment when Man of speeches- Atal became India’s Prime Minister for 13 days after completing four decades in the Opposition party.
12. And in March 1998 after two years he took the PM’s