Get Daily Updates In Email
The Indian Army for 52nd Short Service Commission (Technical Entry) Men and 23rd Short Service Commission Women Course(Technical Entry) has invited applications from unmarried male and unmarried female Engineering graduates. Also, widows of Defence Personnel can make an application for grant of Short Service Commission(SSC) in the Indian Army in all Arms/Services. The course for the same will begin in Apr 2019, Officer Training Academy(OTA), Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
The interested candidates can apply for the above-mentioned services through the official website of the Indian Army which is mentioned at the end of the article. Before heading to apply for the vacancy, please go through the details and eligibility criteria.
* Details of the post:
Number of vacancies: 191
Course duration: 49 weeks
Training cost: No cost. Training will be on Government expense
The stipend for cadet training: Rs 51,600
* Education Qualification needed to apply for a post:
The interested candidates who have graduated in the requisite Engineering Degree course or the candidates who are in the final year of Engineering
Degree course holders can apply for the vacancy. The applying candidates who are in the final year of Engineering Degree Course should be able to submit proof of passing by 1st April 2019 and submit the Engineering Degree Certificate within 12 weeks from the date of commencement of training at Officer Training Academy(OTA). They will be inducted on Additional Bond Basis for recovery of the cost of training at OTA as notified from time to time.
* Educational Qualification for widows of defence personnel:
- SSCW (Tech)- BE/B Tech In any Engineering stream
- SSCW (Non-Tech) (Non-UPSC)- Graduation in any discipline.
* Age Limit for application:
- For SSC(T)-52 Men and SSC(T)-23 Women:- 20 to 27 years as on 01 April 2019 (Candidates born between 02 April 92 and 01 April 99) inclusive both the dates.
- SSCW(Non-Tech)(Non-UPSC)- For Widows of Defence Personnel who died in harness only. Max 35 years of age as on 01 April 2019.
* Selection Procedure for the post:
SSB will shortlist candidates on the basis of the applications received. Further, the shortlisted candidate will be informed via email. The candidates will have to clear a two-stage selection procedure and who will clear the first stage will be eligible for stage second. Then, interviews will be held for the duration of five days. At last, the candidates will have to face a medical examination.
* Last Date for application: August 9
* Points to remember: An interested candidate can apply only for one discipline of the two from the above-mentioned courses. Once they applied, they will not be able to change their entry in the selected course or qualification choice will not be entertained. Widows of Defence Personnel can apply only when they are not remarried. Also, widows with children are eligible for the post. The selected candidates also cannot marry during the course.
* To apply online for the vacancy, the interested candidate follow the following link https://joinindianarmy.nic.in.