Get Daily Updates In Email
India is known as the hub of Cricket. Even though it has originated in England, it is played more in India. A cricket match is like a festival in India. Thousands of people gather in the stadium to cheer for the team. Even for IPL, hundreds of fans gather in the stadium to cheer for their favourite team and enjoys viewership of millions through digital platforms.
Harbhajan Singh is India’s one of the most talented bowlers. The spinning master has taken a lot of wickets since his debut. As Harbhajan turns 38 today, here are few facts about the bowling legend.
1. Harbhajan Singh was born July 3, 1980 in Jalandhar, Punjab in a Sikh family and is the only brother to five sisters.
2. Harbhajan was trained as a batsman by his first coach Charanjit Singh Bhullar but switched to spin bowling after his coach’s untimely death saw him turn to the tutelage of Davinder Arora.
3. Harbhajan was trained as a batsman by his first coach Charanjit Singh Bhullar but switched to spin bowling after his coach’s untimely death saw him turn to the tutelage of Davinder Arora.
4. Harbhajan made his Test debut against Australia in March 1998 in Bengaluru.
5. His performance in the historic 2001 home series against Australia made him an instant star. He snapped 32 wickets in just three tests.
6. Harbhajan Singh was a part of two World Cup-winning teams – ICC Twenty20 in 2007 and the ICC Cricket World Cup in 2011.
7. In 2003, he was awarded the Arjuna Award for Cricket. In 2009, he has conferred the Padma Shri Award.
We wish Harbhajan Singh a very happy birthday and a happy life ahead.